Sunday, October 25, 2009

Haku the Traveler

So, Haku the dog has left for Mexico. After a long and complicated process, he has gone to join his primary owner Megan. It was really hard for me to put him in that crate and walk away from the cargo shipment center. I know how many bewildering hours he has ahead of him; a night in San Francisco at a "pet motel", a long flight to Mexico City tomorrow. Megan will be there waiting for him and he will be thrilled. I hope in the end it was harder on me than on him. He is one of the most loving dogs I've ever known. Thankfully (I think - fingers crossed) I am done with the horrible muzak on the United Cargo shipment line. I knock on wood and hope Murphy didn't hear me. I miss him.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon! Glad to see you're blogging again! Have you checked out Steven and Emily's blog? My little "peanut" grandbaby Sophia is now crawling! So adorable!! WOW...I give you a lot of credit for being able to do all that crazy math the kids now have to do. Thank goodness for calculators! :-)

    Take care,
    Kathy Prine
    kathyp_22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete